Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yoga and Shopping

Thursday, July 9, 2009


A few days ago, I’d located a yoga studio nearby, Body and Soul Yoga. With our schedule, this was my first day to try it, however, I missed the morning class, so went to a noon “Flow” class.

You may know the popularity of hot yoga in the states, well any class at done at 12 noon in a inside an non climate controlled studio is, hot yoga. I got a work out. Pradeep, the instructor/owner is a yogi from India. I liked his style, would show the pose, and as you held it, walk to you and a gently reposition or improve your pose. A great workout, I just won’t do another class in the middle of the day again.

Extra bonus, on the corner of the same street of the yoga studio is an Café 85 degrees I mentioned earlier, woo hoo!! I picked up dinner, vegetable and wiener focaccia breads, and headed home.

While on the way to the yoga studio, the taxi took me through the finer shopping district around the apartment. So I decided to meander back that way. I wandered into a Silk shop just to browse, hoping to find some 4xl silk tops. No such luck. However, with the tailor shop on the second floor, I did order 3 silk tops and a pair of silk pants, custom made to my size, $USD 325. This is comparable to mid-quality off the shelf clothing in the states. I would have to return Friday after 7pm for a fitting. I’ll break this little purchase to John sometime, or not. We’ll see if he reads the blog.

More later, Letica

No comments: